Thursday, February 11

Welcome

Before we begin, I want to give an overview of what we will be doing.

Some of you are complete beginners, some know basic meanings, and some just want to get deeper meaning from their readings. Basically, we will be learning how to read "intuitively."

Now, the word intuitive has different meanings to different people. I'm going to tell you what it means to me.

I've been working with tarot for more than 15 years. I've read loads of books but still didn't feel that I was getting all that I could out of my cards. What I have come to believe is that tarot speaks its own language. The cards work to give the message to me. Only me. So I must come up with a way of understanding the language the tarot is using to speak with me.

Let me give you an example. We all have different reactions to different things. Let's say I'm afraid of snakes. If I were to see a snake, that would provoke a fear response. But let's say you happen to love snakes and had one as a pet. Your response to seeing a snake would be pleasant. The cards are much the same. Each card means something different to everyone because we all have our own beliefs, preconceived notions, histories, etc. So, the way the tarot talks to you is not the same way it talks to me. Have I lost you? Don't worry.

We will be building your tarot language. This means no basic meanings, no books, no one else's meanings but yours. You don't have to memorize anything. We are going to read the cards. And it is that easy, but it takes time and practice.

Some of you are using a book along with this. That's fine too. Just let me know if you get stuck merging the book with this class.

Some of you are already tapped into your intuition, others feel they don't have an intuitive bone in their body. Don't worry, we will find it and we will strengthen it.

The easiest and fastest way, in my opinion, is with meditation. Don't groan just yet because I have a wonderful fun source for you! But let me tell you why meditation is so important when dealing with intuition. Intuition doesn't work very well with logic so we need to find a way to silence or distract that logical part of our brains so that we may access our intuition. It is much easier to listen to what is inside of you if you can silence what is outside of you. Intuition is like a whisper and we want to let it shout!

There are many meditations on youtube and I encourage you to search for those that call to you. It is best if you begin slowly. Try one that is under 5 minutes long. It doesn't matter what it's about as long as you find it enjoyable. Now, if you can't set aside 5 minutes of your day to calm and center your mind, then intuitive reading may not be for you. When you feel ready to move on to longer meditations, go ahead and do so. But please, do try your best because meditation is what opened me up. And this was all before youtube existed! Imagine how bored I was!

You can meditate for as little as 2 minutes everyday, can't you? Then, on the days you can extend it a few more minutes, do so! Once you start seeing benefits you will want to meditate and you will make time in your day for it. I just ask, at the beginning, that you commit to 2 minutes a day. You can even do it twice a day if you'd like to speed up the process. We will go into meditation more once the class starts up. But feel free to browse youtube and try some until then.

What you do in this class will be up to you. I believe you get what you give so if you work hard, you will get results.

Now, lastly, regarding your deck of choice. I don't care what deck you use. I don't care if you change your deck. If you need help with any lesson you may email me. Please include what lesson you are on, what card you are using (a link to the image would be the most helpful so I can see what you are looking at), and whatever question you have. If you want to email me your lessons, that is fine too. I will look it over and send it back to you with my thoughts. This is not mandatory. You don't have to share anything with me. You can do this course completely on your own if you want to.

I am a firm believer that all of us have something to contribute to this group. I am hoping that some of you might want to prepare a lesson for us. There are a few areas that I don't use but that I thought might be useful to others in the group. And since I have no background in those areas, I thought some of you might.

I've been thinking that we could use lessons on: colors, numerology, and astrology.

If there is something you'd like to learn, let me know and we'll add it to the list. And, if you'd be willing to prepare a lesson on a subject, even if it's something I haven't listed, please let me know.

So, get ready. Start shuffling your deck. You may want to keep a journal or online blog or something. That's all you'll need.

No comments:

Post a Comment